This Thai basil chicken recipe takes just 3 minutes to prepare and 7 minutes to cook. Served along with steamed rice, it’s restaurant food, fast.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 Thai bird chilies or holland chilies, de-seeded (if desired) and thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ⅓ cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 bunch holy or Thai basil leaves
- In a wok over high heat, add the oil, chilies, shallots and garlic, and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the ground chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes, breaking up the chicken into small bits.
- Add the sugar, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Stir-fry for another minute and deglaze the pan with the broth. Because your pan is over high heat, the liquid should cook off very quickly.
- Add the basil, and stir-fry until wilted. Serve over rice.