This 5 Ingredient Basil Chicken and Pasta comes together quickly for a simple weeknight dinner. Serve with a simple green salad or steamed broccoli for an easy side and a complete meal.
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 15
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 pound pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large nonstick pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the melted butter and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 – 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the same pan you cooked the chicken in and melt over medium heat.
- Then, add the half and half, and stir with a wire whisk until combined. Allow to simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and the basil, reserving 1 tablespoon of basil for garnish.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the pan, placing it on top of the pasta and lightly spooning some of the sauce over the tops. Sprinkle with reserved basil and serve.
- Jump To full instructions and recipe notes >> Read more…
Recipe adapted from goodcook