Vegan avocado toast is super easy to make and makes the perfect addition to any breakfast or an anytime snack!
Avocado toast has become my new favorite breakfast/snack. It’s healthy, simple, and delicious and best of all, it’s super easy to make and ready in under 5 minutes. In fact, this recipe is so simple we can hardly call it a recipe, but I had to share it with you because of how good it is!
This recipe is for simple avocado toast but the possibilities are endless. Sometimes we like to zest up the avocado toast and top it with tomatoes, bacon, beans, jalapeno, spinach, salmon, or pretty much anything else!
- 1 avocado peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 slices whole grain bread or bread of choice
- 2 eggs fried, scrambled, or poached, optional
- Toast 2 slices of whole grain in a toaster until golden and crispy.
- In a small bowl combine and mash the avocado, cilantro, lime, and salt + pepper to taste. Spread half of the mixture on each slice of toasted bread. Top with fried, scrambled, or poached egg if desired.