This refreshing green smoothie with banana, chia seeds and peaches is a healthy snack that you can make in 5 minutes and currently – my favorite thing in the world.
It’s no secret green smoothies make us feel awesome, right? I personally feel clean, light, hydrated and annoyingly full of energy. It’s just… most of them, I really don’t like them. They’re too green.
But this one…this one is perfect. It’s creamy, super healthy and it’s so so delicious without being overly sweet or overly grass-y.
It’s light, it’s fluffy and very hydrating, which is something I’m struggling with lately, even though I’m drinking SO MUCH water.
If you want to make a tasty and healthy green smoothie, here are some basic steps to follow:
- Choose Your Vegetables. Spinach, lettuce, kale, nettle, fresh herbs, cucumber, celery are all great options.
- Choose your fruit – mango, berries, pine apple, kiwi, apple, pear, peach.
- Add a frozen banana or an avocado to make the smoothie creamier
- Add some spice like ginger or cinnamon
- Add nut butter of your choice to make the smoothie more filling
- Place everything in your blender and cover halfway (around 1 cup) water or nut milk of choice.
- Blend until everything becomes really smooth.
Now with this smoothie, I wanted it to be light and more like a snack than a breakfast, so I skipped the nut butter. I did add some fresh ginger and used frozen peaches to cool the smoothie off.
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 peach, frozen
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 small cucumber or 1/2 big one
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 cup spinach
- Chia seeds
- Chop banana, peaches (if not frozen), cucumber. I recommend using a frozen fruit for a creamier texture – either peaches or the banana, I used frozen peaches.
- Put everything in your blender and blend like there’s no tomorrow until everything is smooth.
- Top with chia seeds and enjoy!