These Bang Bang Shrimp Bibimbap Noodle Bowls are filled with sweet, crunchy chili-garlic shrimp, a fried egg, kimchi and lots of sesame flavoured toppings!
- tbsp About 2sesame oil divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 package precooked Asian stirfry noodles
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce divided
- 2 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 zucchini julienned
- 1-2 Carrots julienned
- 1 cup sliced shittake mushrooms
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped
- 1 package bean sprouts
- 1 cup kimchi
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 4-6 eggs depending on how many bowls you’re making
Bang Bang Shrimp
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil for frying
- 40 shrimp about 1 package
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- cup ½light mayo
- 4 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- Salt to taste
- In a medium-sized frying pan, heat 1 tsp sesame oil over med-high heat. Add each of the veggies (zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, cabbage and bean sprouts) and 1 tsp soy sauce one at a time, cooking for 2-3 min until softened. For instance, you will stir fry the zucchini for a couple minutes, then place separately in a small bowl and continue these steps with all veggies listed until each is cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix light mayo, sweet chili sauce and sriracha together. Set aside as the Bang Bang sauce. Heat 2-3 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over med-high heat.
- Toss shrimp in egg then coat in flour, then fry for 2-3 min per side until shrimp are crispy. Remove shrimp and let drain on a paper towel lined plate. Toss in Bang Bang sauce until well-coated.
- Deglaze large frying pan, then add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp sesame oil. Add garlic and saute for 10 seconds over med-high heat. Add noodles, remaining soy sauce (should be a couple tbsp), sriracha, and water, stir frying for 5-7 min until noodles are softened. Divide evenly noodles among bowls.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the large frying pan and fry the 4 eggs over med-low heat, carefully ensuring that they don’t overcook. When yolk is still mildly runny, remove from heat and place on top of noodles.
- Add about 1/4 cup veggies (or about a handful) to each bowl, including kimchi and green onions. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with sriracha. Enjoy!
- Jump To full instructions and recipe notes >> Read more…
Recipe adapted from thegirlonbloor