- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly greased 9 inch cake pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate chips and butter into a microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until everything is melted and smooth.
- Pour in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer to beat together until just combined. Do not over mix. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure everything is mixed in.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen, and flip the cake onto a serving platter or cake stand. Let cool completely.
- Make the ganache by placing chocolate chips into a mixing bowl. Heat heavy cream in the microwave until simmering, about 45 seconds.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Let stand 2 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Spread ganache over the top of the cake. Let cool before slicing and serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site