- 12-14 fresh strawberries, washed with tops cut off, and diced
- 2 tsp Dixie Crystal’s granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- scant 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Dixie Crystal’s light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp Adam’s Extract vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Adam’s Extract imitation strawberry extract
- Add the strawberries to a bowl. Sprinkle the sugar over top, stirring to coat. Refrigerate the strawberries for 30 minutes. Don’t skip this step, the sugar helps them release their natural sugar and juices.
- Pulse the pretzels in a food processor, just until broken into small pieces- but NOT pulverized. We want some crunch and that means some chunks. Add the melted butter and cinnamon, pulsing another time or two- just until evenly combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the cream just until stiff peaks have formed. Don’t over mix, or you’ll end up with butter instead. Using a whisk, stir in the brown sugar and extracts until evenly combined.
- In your cups, add a layer of the cream mixture, strawberries, then pretzels. Repeat. Top each cup off with a bit of whipped cream, and a slice of strawberry and a pretzel. Serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site