Best Taco Meat Recipe
Servings: 4 servings
Author: Lisa Wells
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons avocado oil for cooking
- 1 tbsp chili or taco seasoning
- 1 cup sugar-free salsa
- sea salt to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Heat oil then add the ground meat and use a wooden spatula to break it into chunks. Cook until browned and almost cooked through.
- Add taco seasoning and salt to taste. Stir and cook until combined.
- Add salsa and simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
Cast iron skilletWooden spatulaSplatter guard
Serving options for taco shells:
- grain-free taco shells
- keto tortillas
- paleo tortillas
- lettuce wraps
- diced avocado or guacamole
- diced tomatoes or pico de gallo
- shredded lettuce
- lime juice
- fresh cilantro
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 585mg | Potassium: 491mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 371IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 2mg