Biscoff Gooey Butter Bars have a butter cake layer topped by a cream cheese layer flavored with lots of Biscoff spread. These magical squares make an unbelievably delicious sweet treat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Biscoff spread
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add egg, melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined.
- Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- To make the filling, place cream cheese in a large bowl. Use a hand-held mixer to beat it until smooth and creamy.
- Add biscoff and beat until mixed.
- Beat in eggs, then melted butter and vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar in 3 additions, beating until incorporated.
- Pour filling over crust. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. You still want it somewhat gooey, so be careful not to overbake. Let cool before slicing.