Blueberry, Corn and Feta Salad is a healthy, light and refreshing summer salad. Tossed in a light honey lime dressing, this unique salad makes a great side for a cookout.
- 8 ears sweet corn
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- Carefully pull back corn husks and remove the silks. Pull corn husks back. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Let soak 20 minutes. Grill corn, covered, for about 20 minutes over medium heat, turning occasionally.
- Let corn cool and then cut kernels from cobs and place in a large bowl.
- Add blueberries, feta cheese, green onions, and jalapeno to bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, honey, a pinch of salt and about 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over corn mixture and toss to mix.
If you do not wish to grill the corn, you can boil it or even use frozen corn. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.