Breakfast Burritos (Freezer Friendly)
Freezer friendly breakfast burritos are crisp on the outside and filled with tender scrambled eggs, ham, fresh tomatoes and plenty of cheese. Our go-to breakfast burrito recipe.
- 6 medium flour tortillas (8-inch diameter)
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms (8 medium), thinly sliced – optional
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream divided (2 Tbsp for eggs & 1 Tbsp per tortilla)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 oz deli ham cut into strips or squares, optional
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese (1 cup shredded)
- 1 tomato diced – optional
- 3 Tbsp olive oil to saute (add more as needed)
How to Make Breakfast Burrito Filling:
In a medium bowl, whisk together 6 eggs with 2 Tbsp sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the strips of ham and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Add sliced mushrooms and saute until golden (5 min), stirring occasionally. Season lightly with salt and pepper then remove mushrooms.
In the same skillet over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp of butter, add egg mixture and stir/scramble until the eggs are just cooked through (3 min) don’t overcook. Remove from pan and set aside.
Assembling Breakfast Burritos:
Spread 1 Tbsp sour cream in the center of a tortilla and top with 1/6 of the cooked eggs, shredded mozzarella cheese, and sauteed mushrooms. Add 1-2 Tbsp diced tomatoes if using*. Don’t over-stuff or they will be tough to roll.
Roll the burrito from top to bottom: tightly wrap the top flap over the filling, fold the edges in tightly and role to seal with the bottom flap. Repeat with remaining burritos.
To Heat Burritos:
Place a large skillet over medium heat with 2 Tbsp oil. Transfer fresh or thawed burritos to the hot pan, folded-side-down, and cook until golden brown on all sides (2 min per side), adding more oil as needed.
*Skip the tomatoes if planning to freeze breakfast burritos.