Cheeseburger Sliders (Easy, 30-min Recipe)
Cheeseburger Sliders are juicy, cheesy and beefy – everything we love about classic burgers! These sliders are quick and easy plus they are make-ahead and reheat really well.
- 2 lb lean ground beef (90/10 or 93/7 fat content)
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 large yellow onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices medium cheddar cheese
- 6 oz medium cheddar shredded (or used more sliced cheese)
- 24 dinner rolls (or use 2 packs of 12)
- 2 Tbsp butter melted, plus more to grease baking sheet
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Butter the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place a large skillet over medium/high heat with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Add diced onion then 2 lbs ground beef and break up with a spatula. Season with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp garlic powder. Sautee over medium/high heat, breaking up the beef and cook just until cooked through then remove from heat.
- Tilt skillet to spoon off and discard excess fat. Stir in 1/4 cup mayo.
Cut buns in half. Place bottom half of dinner rolls on buttered baking sheet and line bread with sliced cheese. Spread ground beef mixture evenly over the sliced cheese, using the back of a spatula to square off the edges. Cover the ground beef with 6 oz of shredded cheddar.
Place the top of buns, cut-side down, over the burgers. Brush tops with 2 Tbsp melted butter and immediately sprinkle tops with sesame seeds. Bake at 350˚F for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tops are golden brown.