- 2x 5oz/150g Chicken Breasts (see notes)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 tsp Dried Italian Herbs
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 12.3oz / 350g Linguine, or pasta of choice
- 1x 24oz/700g jar of Tomato Passata (pureed/crushed tomatoes in US)
- 5oz / 150g Chorizo, sliced
- 3/4 cup / 75g Sun Dried Tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Heavy/Double Cream
- 1 medium Onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley, finely diced + extra to serve
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil, for frying
- Parmesan, to serve
- Coat your chicken in 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and 1 tbsp olive oil. Fry both sides over medium heat for 4-5mins, or until golden on the outside and white through the centre (with the juices running clear). Place to one side to rest. When ready, slice into strips, ensuring you slice at an angle and against the grain.
- Place your pasta in salted boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, add oil as needed to the pan, then add your onion. Fry for a few minutes until they pick up colour, then add your sun dried tomatoes and garlic. Cook for a few minutes longer, then push to the outside of the pan.
- In the centre, add your chorizo and leave to fry for a few minutes until it begins to crisp. Flip, cook for a couple of minutes longer, then incorporate with the onion, garlic and sun dried tomatoes.
- Pour in your passata, and shake out the bottle with a splash of water. Stir in basil, parsley, 1/2 cup / 125ml cream, then season with 1/2 tsp smoked paprika and salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a gentle simmer and add your pasta. Serve with chicken on top or use pasta tongs to combine. Serve with a generous helping of parmesan and a sprinkle of parsley.
- Jump To full instructions and recipe notes >> Read more…
Recipe adapted from dontgobaconmyheart.co.uk