Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
The ultimate recipe for Chicken and Wild Rice Soup that will get you going for refills again and again. It’s the true comfort food, loaded with rich and creamy flavor, veggies and protein.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup carrots diced into small cubes
- 1 cup yellow onion diced into small cubes
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Preheat a soup pot or Dutch Oven to medium heat. Saute carrots, onions, and celery in butter until golden brown.
Add flour and stir until the flour is fully incorporated and the raw flavor is cooked out (about 2 minutes).
Add wild rice, chicken and season with salt and pepper. Pour 8 cups chicken broth over the ingredients and let everything simmer for 25 minutes.
Slowly pour in heavy cream, continuously stirring to create an even texture.
Cook the soup for about 5 more minutes on medium-low. Season to taste with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve the soup while it’s hot! When it cools down, it will thicken up. Reheat it to loosen up the broth.