With tẹndẹr chickẹn wrappẹd in corn tortillas and smothẹrẹd in rẹd saucẹ and chẹẹsẹ, you can’t go wrong with thẹsẹ rẹstaurant quality chickẹn ẹnchiladas!
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ of a medium onion, diced about ¾ cup
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons taco seasoning
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 28-ounce can Red Enchilada Sauce divided
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend divided
- Cilantro, sour cream, diced tomatoes, lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Melt butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Stir in chicken, garlic and taco seasoning and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in ½ cup of enchilada sauce, ⅓ cup chicken broth and lime juice. Simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large baking dish (9”x13”) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon about a ½ cup of enchilada sauce into the baking dish and spread to coat evenly.
- Microwave tortillas for about 30 seconds to soften.
- Dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce to lightly coat. Spoon ¼ cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of cheese over the chicken. Roll and place seam side down into the baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas . Top with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Jump To full instructions and recipe notes >> Read more…
Recipe adapted from yellowblissroad