Hẹy Novẹmbẹr Sẹcond, you’rẹ lookin’ good today! Today, I’m going to sharẹ with you onẹ of my favoritẹ rẹcipẹs in thẹ history of rẹcipẹs. Thẹsẹ Chickẹn Strẹẹt Tacos camẹ togẹthẹr by accidẹnt and my goodnẹss, It’s probably onẹ of thẹ happiẹst accidẹnts that I’vẹ had in thẹ kitchẹn to datẹ.
- 21 extra thin corn tortillas I use Mission brand
- 1 lb cooked & shredded chicken breast
- 16 oz can fat free refried beans , I use La Preferda or Trader Joes
- 1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded mexican cheese
- 1/2 packet low sodium taco seasoning (or about 2 tbs of homemade seasoning)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- Toppings of choice such as lettuce cabbage, carrots, onions, tomatoes, and/or cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large pan heat the chicken, onion, taco seasoning, and cilantro together over medium-high heat until the onions are tender.
- Add the refried beans, mix thoroughly and then add the greek yogurt, cheese, and salsa. Mix together and cook for a few more minutes. Set aside.
- In another pan lightly spray with cooking spray and place tortilla cook for about 30 seconds, lightly spray top side of tortilla, flip, and cook for another 30 seconds. Repeat this step until you are done cooking the tortillas.
- When the tortillas are finished evenly distribute and spread the chicken and bean mixture on each tortilla.
- Fold the tortillas in half and place on to a cookie sheet. You will most likely need two cookie sheets to fit all of them on.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until the tacos are crispy and lightly browned.
- Let cool for a few minutes and top with lettuce, tomatoes, cabbage, cilantro, carrots. Whatever you fancy.
- Jump To full instructions and recipe notes >> Read more…
Recipe adapted from theskinnyishdish