A decadent twist on peanut butter and banana sandwiches!! Great for lazy weekend mornings or holiday brunches! Easy and the BEST French toast ever!!
Peanut butter and bananas is such a classic combination that always tastes good and chocolate peanut butter is automatically a leg up on regular peanut butter. The bread is slightly crisp on the exterior, soft in the interior, and heating the chocolate peanut butter so it slightly melts is the best. If you’re looking for an easy yet decadent comfort food breakfast, brunch, or breakfast-for-dinner recipe, make this. You can scale up the recipe to whatever sized crowd you’re cooking for.
- 4 slices Texas toast (I prefer Texas toast over regular bread because it’s thicker)
- about 8 tablespoons chocolate peanut butter, divided (Nutella may be substituted)
- 1 medium banana, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened cashewmilk)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- about 2 tablesoons unsalted butter, for griddling
- Spread each slice of bread with about 2 tablespoons chocolate peanut butter.
- Evenly add bananas to two of the slices in an even, flat layer.
- Top with remaining bread slices (with the chocolate peanut butter side down, touching the bananas); set the 2 sandwiches aside.
- Get full recipe==>>averiecooks.com