Church Window Cookies are a classic American cookie that look like stain glass windows. These no-bake cookies are a combinaton of chocolate and marshmallows and are perfect for your cookie tray.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted butter, cubed
- 1 (10-ounce) package pastel marshmallows
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Place chocolate chips and melted butter in a large saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. If the mixture is too warm, it will melt the marshmallows.
- Place two large pieces of wax paper on the counter. Sprinkle about 1/4 of the coconut onto each piece (saving half the coconut) in about a 4 by 12-inch section.
- Place the marshmallows and walnuts in a large bowl.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture into the bowl and stir to mix evenly.
- Transfer half the mixture onto each piece of wax paper placing it on top of the coconut. Shape into 2 logs. Sprinkle the remaining coconut on top of the logs and onto any bare sections.
- Tightly wrap the logs in the wax paper and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Use a knife to cut the logs into slices.