Country Ham Relish is a creamy, sweet and salty spread that makes a delicious southern appetizer when spread on crackers or celery sticks. This is such a great Easter appetizer. It is also awesome as a sandwich spread.
- 8 ounces country ham
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Soak country ham in a bowl of warm water for 15 minutes to remove some of the salt. Blot dry with paper towels. Trim country ham of most fat and chop into pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse about 15 times to finely chop the ham.
- Stir mixture to make sure everything is evenly mixed. Serve with crackers. Can be refrigerated up to 5 days.