Cranberry Bacon Brie Grilled Cheese – The perfect combination celebrating the beauty of salty and sweet. The only way you’ll ever want to use up leftover cranberry sauce! #Chocolate #food #Dessert #Vegan #Healthy
- 4 slices Thick White Bread
- 6-8 rashers of Streaky Bacon, cooked to desired texture
- 6-8 wedges of Brie
- 2 tbsp Cranberry Sauce
- 2 pinches Chilli Flakes
- 4 ‘spreads’ Butter
- Lightly spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. Place them (butter side down) onto a pan, making sure the heat is off at this point.
- Spread your Cranberry sauce first, then place your Brie, followed by Bacon topped with Chilli Flakes. Top with your final two slices of bread, squish down with your hands then butter the top.
- Turn on heat and fry each side for around 5-6mins over medium heat, or until golden brown on the outside and gooey in the middle.
- Feel free to use a toastie machine as necessary.
- You can trade out the Brie for Camembert if you fancy!
- Spice – Even if you’re not a fan of spice, I do encourage just a pinch of chilli flakes. The spice helps balance out the sweet and salty components of this recipe and adds a gorgeous heat to the cranberry sauce. I actually have a recipe for a Spiced Cranberry Sauce if you’d prefer!