Creamy Carrot Soup
Creamy Carrot Soup has surprisingly simple ingredients but tastes gourmet. This is a 30-minute recipe that comes together in one pot. You will love the silky smooth texture and rich flavor.
- 6 oz bacon 6 strips, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion diced (2 cups)
- 1 celery rib diced (1/2 cup)
- 2 lbs carrots 8 large, peeled and sliced into 1/2” thick rings
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth (reduced sodium)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream plus more to garnish
- 2 Tbsp parsley to garnish (optional)
- Brown bacon in a large pot and remove browned bacon with a slotted spoon.
- Into the same pot with the rendered bacon fat, add diced onion, celery, and sliced carrots and cook 6-8 minutes until onions soften (do not brown). Add minced garlic and 2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper, and stir another minute.
- Add 4 cups chicken stock, bring to a simmer then partially cover and cook 20-25 minutes or until carrots have softened.
- Puree soup in a blender in batches or use an immersion blender.
- Return soup to pot and stir in 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1/2 cup milk. Season to taste with salt and pepper.