This creamy lemon parmesan chicken is out of this world and a huge reader favourite!
Chicken is dredged in finely grated parmesan cheese, then served in a lemon and parmesan cream sauce with a hint of garlic! This creamy chicken recipe is one of my personal favourites and I know so many people out there are loving it too! The ultimate in gourmet comfort food with a twist.
For The Chicken:
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4
- 2 tablespoons flour (all purpose or plain)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter (or oil)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth (stock)
- 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream (or evaporated milk)
- 1/3 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers (plus 2 tablespoons extra to garnish)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice — juice of 1 lemon (adjust to your tastes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and parmesan cheese. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in the flour mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 2 teaspoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter has melted and pan is hot. Fry the chicken until golden on each side and cooked through and no longer pink (about 3-4 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken). Transfer onto a warm plate.
- Get full recipe==>>cafedelites.com