Crock Pot Chicken Soup Recipe
This is comfort food, pure and simple. Just add everything to the slow cooker.
Servings: 4 – 6 servings
Author: Lisa Wells
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence or several sprigs fresh herbs
- 2 organic chicken breasts bone-in, skin-on
- 2 organic chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3-4 cups filtered water
- Layer all ingredients in crock pot in order listed, making sure chicken is bone side down on top of vegetables. Add enough water to cover vegetables and come half way up chicken, between 3 and 4 cups.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and let cool slightly. Remove skin and bones. Shred chicken meat and add back to soup in crock pot. Adjust seasonings, reheat, and serve.
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 760mg | Potassium: 611mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 7945IU | Vitamin C: 6.2mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 2.6mg