Crock Pot Turkey Bolognese Sauce
For an easy weeknight dinner serve this slow cooker turkey Bolognese sauce with zoodles.
- 1 28- ounce can organic tomato puree
- 1 6- ounce can organic tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb blend
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small carrots diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
For zucchini noodles
- 3 – 6 medium zucchini
To make sauce
- Add all sauce ingredients except turkey to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cut ground turkey into cubes, add to slow cooker, and cover with sauce. Do not stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once the sauce is done, use a potato masher to break up the ground turkey into small chunks.
To make zucchini noodles
- Spiralize zucchini (1/2 – 1 medium zucchini per serving).
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Cook zucchini until warmed through but still firm, about 3 minutes.
Variations: serve the sauce over roasted spaghetti squash or other spiralized veggie noodles.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 743mg | Potassium: 1602mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 4840IU | Vitamin C: 49.6mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 4.7mg