Crockpot Whole Chicken Recipe
An easy healthy slow cooker chicken dinner that’s ready when you get home.
Servings: 4 – 6 servings
Author: Lisa Wells
- 2 carrots cut into chunks
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 small onion
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lemon halved
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut carrots, celery, and onion into large chunks and line bottom of slow cooker.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, and stuff with garlic cloves and lemon halves. Season all over with salt, pepper, and herbes de Provence.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours, or until chicken is 165 degrees.
- Optional: if desired, brown chicken under the broiler.
Save the bones after serving the chicken and use them to make slow cooker bone broth.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 151mg | Potassium: 530mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5450IU | Vitamin C: 21.9mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 3mg