Detoxifying Beet & Berry Smoothie
A vibrant, nutrient-packed smoothie made with detoxifying beetroot and fresh fruit. Subtly sweet, perfectly tart, and ready with just 1 blender, 3 ingredients, and 5 minutes.
Servings: 2 (Smoothies) Category: Smoothie Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan Freezer Friendly 1 Month (in ice cube trays) Does it keep? 2 Days
- 1/3 cup peeled + chopped raw beet (organic when possible)
- 1 ⅓ cup frozen strawberries (if fresh, add ice // organic when possible)
- 1/4 ripe frozen banana (optional // peeled + sliced)
- 2/3 cup fresh apple juice (recipe in our cookbook!)
- Fresh mint or shredded coconut (for garnish // optional)
- Add beet, strawberries, banana (optional for sweetness) and apple juice to a blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more banana for sweetness, apple juice to thin, or strawberries for a more intense fruit flavor.
Divide between two serving glasses and enjoy. Optional: Garnish with banana slices, fresh mint, and/or shredded coconut. Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Freeze leftovers in ice cube trays or popsicle molds for an afternoon pick-me-up.
*For added protein, add your favorite plain or vanilla protein powder! See my full Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder review here.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with banana and without optional garnishes.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 2 smoothies)
- Calories: 104
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Sodium: 41mg
- Potassium: 443mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Sugar: 17.9g
- Protein: 1.7g