Meatballs Without Bread Crumbs
Here’s a quick and easy baked meatball recipe without breadcrumbs.
Servings: 4 servings
Author: Lisa Wells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup super-fine almond flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb blend (see note)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups keto marina sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cast iron skillet or baking dish with avocado oil spray.
- Mix egg, almond flour, herbs and spices in a large mixing bowl. Mix in ground beef.
- Scoop, gently shape meatballs and arrange in pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour marinara sauce over the meatballs.
- Return to oven and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees and the sauce is simmering.
Stainless steel scoopCast iron skillet
- zucchini noodles
- spaghetti squash
- cassava spaghetti, penne or fusilli
Note: if you use an Italian seasoning that already has garlic in it, decrease the amount of garlic powder added. If you use herbs de Provence, make sure it does not include lavender.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 1170mg | Potassium: 755mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 615IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 5mg