- 3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
For the filling:
- Vanilla Blueberry Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Play Video
- 1 (8 oz.) package full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 6 tbsp. salted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt and whisk.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree and whisk until smooth.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir just until combined, you don’t want to overmix the batter.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a work surface and slowly (and carefully) roll the cake into a log.
- Place on a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- To prepare the filling, combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Unroll cake and gently spread cream cheese mixture onto it
- Roll the cake up again carefully, and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Allow cake to chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and dust cake with powdered sugar. Slice and serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site