- 1 and 1/2 cups or 210 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) or 113 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup or 225 grams granulated sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (or 2 jumbo eggs)
- 1/4 cup or 60 grams sour cream
- 1/4 cup or 60 grams buttermilk
- 14 ounces or 398 grams fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly spray a 9 or 10 inch spring form pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- Cream the soft butter and sugar together in a stand mixer for 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy. Scrape down the side of the bowl a couple of times.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then beat in the vanilla.
- Stir the sour cream and buttermilk together, and then add the flour to the mixing bowl alternately with the wet, beginning and ending with the flour. Mix until combined, but don’t over mix.
- Fold in the berries and turn into the prepared pan. Smooth out the top. Sprinkle the surface of the cake liberally with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the cake no longer jiggles in the center and the top is golden and slightly crackled. The exact cooking time will depend on the pan size you use. You can insert a toothpick in the center to test.
- Let cool briefly, and then unlatch the spring and remove the outer ring. I like to run a spreading knife along the edge first to loosen any parts of the cake that are sticking to the pan. Cool completely on a rack before slicing.
This article and recipe adapted from this site