We are sharing with you how to make this incredibly delicious flourless chocolate cake. It’s rich and decadent so you’ll only want a small slice but there’s no way you’ll miss the flour in this one.
A rich Chocolate Cake made without flour
Recipe type: Baking
- 1 Cup / 2 Sticks / 225g Butter
- 18oz / 500g 60-70% Dark Chocolate
- 7 Eggs
- 1 Cup / 200g Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
- Melt the butter and chocolate together over a simmering pot of water or in the microwave until completely smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together with a stand mixer, hand mixer or whisk until light, fluffy and almost tripled in size.
- Add the cooled melted butter and chocolate to the egg mixture in halves, whisking well in between until fully combined.
- Add the vanilla to the chocolate cake batter and give a final mix to combine, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the chocolate cake batter into a lined 8 inch cake tin which has been wrapped in foil on the outside.
- Place the cake tin in a larger tin or roasting pan, half filled with water and bake the cake in a 160C/325F oven for 25 – 35 minutes. It will still look completely under cooked here but that’s fine.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool completely in the tin, then overnight or at least 6 hours in the fridge before serving.
- Jump To full instructions and recipe notes >> Read more…
Recipe adapted from recipesbycarina