These Soft and fluffy vegan garlic herb breadsticks are a family favorite! These are easy to whip up and are a perfect accompaniment to pasta!
For the dough:
- 2 1/2 teaspoons quick rising yeast I like Red Star quick rise yeast
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups white spelt flour all-purpose flour is fine, too
For the topping:
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Marinara sauce for dipping
- Put the warm water, brown sugar, and yeast in a large bowl, and let sit for about 10 minutes so the sugar feeds the yeast. It will look a little bit foamy on top.
- Add the spelt flour, salt and 1/4 cup of olive oil to the yeast and water mixture, and mix together. Knead the dough with your hands just a little bit until it is smooth and elastic. If it seems too wet, add a bit more spelt flour.
- Get full recipe==>>theprettybee.com