Garlic Mashed Potatoes is one of my favorite potato recipes. It has a wonderful garlicky taste without being overwhelming and, all things considered, it’s quite easy to whip up too. You can make this recipe up earlier in the day and then heat it in the oven with other foods.
This recipe calls for a modest amount of salt, pepper, and garlic, although I have to admit to liking more of each. This is not a particularly low calorie recipe, but if you’re entertaining it’s a great side dish to serve with just about any kind of meat.
- 5 lb. bag new red potstoes or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1-2 sticks unsalted butter (I usually use one stick- 1/2 cup)
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1 pt. half-and-half I didn’t need this much
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp. minced garlic from a jar roasted minced garlic is preferred
- Cut potatoes into cubes (leave the skins on if desired).
- Boil potatoes for 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- Drain potatoes, then add butter and stir occasionally until it has melted.
- Get full recipe==>>cantstayoutofthekitchen.com