This Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet recipe is a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make meal that will be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes. This is gluten-free, whole30, paleo, and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
I’m sure you’ll love this Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet recipe because it’s delicious, and you only need three ingredients to make it: chicken, sweet potato, and asparagus. Of course, you’ll add some seasoning such as garlic, salt, pepper, and red chili flakes, but technically, they don’t count as ingredients, right?
Another good point about this Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet recipe is that it’ll be ready and on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes. So, grab your skillet, cutting board, and your chef knife, and chop all the ingredients. This is the only hard work you will have. Awesome! It is easy as pie. Believe me!
- 1 pound free-range organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground fresh black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves — minced
- 1 medium sweet potato — peeled and diced
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- ½ pound fresh asparagus — cut at a diagonal in 1 and 2-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- On a cutting board, cut the chicken into small pieces, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, and chicken.
- Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes or until it is cooked through. Don’t forget to stir well. Set the chicken mixture aside.
- In the same skillet, add the sweet potatoes and chicken broth.
- Cook for about 7-10minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked.
- Add the asparagus, and cook for about 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Return the chicken to the pan, and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.