A quick and healthy dinner recipe with ground chicken, sauteed onions, a thai sauce, cilantro and shredded carrots. Topped with a bright and fresh herby green dressing and cashews.
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2″ piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 12″ long piece of fresh lemongrass, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Butter lettuce (or boston, bibb, romaine or iceberg lettuce)
- Roasted cashews
- Making the Thai Sauce: In a small bowl, make the sauce by combining the coconut aminos, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame seed oil. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Making the Filling: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and cook the onions, ginger and lemon grass until softened and translucent, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken, and cook until no longer pink and cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 5-8 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>tasteslovely.com