This gluten free Slow cooker Buffalo chicken served over fluffy sweet potatoes. It’s healthy Buffalo chicken, made easily in your crockpot. It’s one of the best crock pot recipes around for a healthy dinner with very little hands-on cooking time. What’s not to love?
FOR THE SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts — (about 3)
- 3/4 cup hot sauce — such as Frank’s
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch — mixed with 1 tablespoon water to create a slurry
- Chopped green onions — for serving
FOR THE BLUE CHEESE YOGURT DRESSING (OMIT TO MAKE DAIRY FREE):
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese — plus additional for serving
- Lightly coat a slow cooker with nonstick spray (I used a 6-quart but believe a smaller size would be fine too). Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the hot sauce, coconut oil, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne in a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup. Microwave until the coconut oil is melted (about 45 seconds), then stir until smooth. If you prefer not to use the microwave, melt the ingredients together in a small saucepan on the stove. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover the slow cooker, then cook for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours on high or 4 to 5 hours on low, until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove the chicken from crockpot and shred.
- Get full recipe==>>wellplated.com