Golden Chicken Salad is a creamy chicken salad with celery, green onion, golden raisins, and toasted wlanuts. It makes a great sandwich and I also love to serve it on a bed of lettuce with Club crackers.
- 4 cups finely diced, cooked chicken
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 celery rib, finley diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT walnuts in a bowl. Stir well.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top and serve.
Will keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. You can use rotisserie chicken, poached chicken, or any leftover chicken.