This Honey Mustard Salmon recipe features a homemade honey mustard sauce that is super delicious (and easy to adapt if you like to go heavier on the honey or mustard side). It can also be cooked quickly and easily in the oven or on the grill — your choice.
For more healthy dinner ideas, check out our other easy salmon recipes.
HONEY MUSTARD SALMON IN FOIL:
- 1 batch honey mustard sauce (see below)
- 2 pound side of salmon, boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh parsley leaves
HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/3 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F. Or heat a grill to medium heat.
- Prepare your honey mustard sauce as directed below.
- Line a large baking sheet with a large sheet of aluminum foil. Mist the foil with cooking spray, then lay out the salmon in the middle of the foil.
- Spoon the honey mustard sauce on top of the salmon, and spread it around evenly so that it covers the top of the salmon.
- Fold the sides of the aluminum foil up and over the top of the salmon until it is completely enclosed. (If your sheet of foil is not large enough, just place a second sheet of foil on top and fold the edges so that it forms a sealed packet.)
- To Cook In The Oven: Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until the salmon is almost completely cooked through. (Cooking times will vary on the thickness of your salmon, so I recommend checking it a few minutes early if you have a thinner cut of salmon.) Remove the salmon from the oven and carefully open and pull back the aluminum foil so that the top of the fish is completely exposed. (Be careful, lots of hot steam will be released!) Change the oven setting to broil, then return the fish to the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes. (Keep a close eye on the salmon while broiling, though, to be sure that the sauce does not burn.)
- To Cook On The Grill: Carefully transfer the packet of salmon to the grill, and grill for 12-14 minutes, or until the salmon is almost completely cooked through. (Cooking times will vary on the thickness of your salmon, so I recommend checking it a few minutes early if you have a thinner cut of salmon.) Carefully open and pull back the aluminum foil so that the top of the fish is completely exposed. (Be careful, lots of hot steam will be released!) Continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove salmon from the oven or grill. Sprinkle the top of the salmon evenly with parsley, and serve immediately.
TO MAKE THE HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE:
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.
- Jump To full instructions and recipe notes >> Read more…
Recipe adapted from gimmesomeoven