- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 & ¼ cups milk
- ⅔ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 small instant hot cocoa packet (just the dry mix)
- 1 (3.9 ounce) box instant dry chocolate pudding mix
FOR MARSHMALLOW BUTTERCREAM:
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow fluff
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Miniature marshmallow bits and chocolate syrup for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 muffin tins with 22 paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, milk, oil, eggs, hot cocoa packet, and dry pudding mix together with an electric mixer until combined and smooth, about 2 minutes. Portion the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling about ¾ full.
- Bake for approximately 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Cool completely.
Recipe adapted from thedomesticrebel
Jump To Recipe >> Read More…