How to Cook an Egg (Runny Yolk!)
Step-by-step tutorial on how to cook an egg runny-yolk style! 8 minutes, simple methods, PERFECT eggs every time!
Servings: 1 (Two-Egg Serving) Category: Breakfast, Helpful How-to, Protein Cuisine: American, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free Freezer Friendly No Does it keep? No
- 1/2 tsp avocado oil (or other neutral oil with high smoke point)
- 2 large eggs (farm fresh, organic, pasture-raised whenever possible)
- Seasonings to taste (e.g. sea salt + black pepper // optional)
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add just enough oil to coat the pan, then carefully wipe with a paper towel to remove excess. You want the pan oiled but no oil sitting in the pan (this makes the eggs bubble).
Crack egg(s) in pan and cook for 3 minutes uncovered (add seasonings — optional — at this time). This allows the whites to partially cook and the yolk to begin cooking slightly.
- Then cover with a lid in the last 1-2 minutes to help the whites cook while the yolk stays soft for a “sunny side up” with cooked whites.
Serve immediately! Best when fresh. See serving options linked above!
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 1 two-egg serving)
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.31g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 370mg
- Sodium: 140mg
- Potassium: 140mg
- Protein: 12g
- Vitamin A: 12IU
- Calcium: 4mg
- Iron: 8mg