How does your bedroom feel? Good feng shui allows for energy flow, and nowhere is that more important than the bedroom. By utilizing some key feng shui bedroom rules, you too can turn your space into the restful, restorative place that you want it to be. Do you know the feng shui wall bedroom colors? Read on and discover more about what you can do to promote good feng shui in your bedroom!
Image: Poster store
Bedroom Feng Shui Do’s and Don’ts
What Is Good Feng Shui For Bedroom?
How does your bedroom feel? Good bedroom feng shui allows for energy flow. By utilizing some key feng shui principles, you too can turn the bedroom into the restful, restorative place that you want it to be. Read on and discover more about what you can do to promote good feng shui in your bedroom!
Feng shui bedroom rules
- Which color is good for bedroom feng shui?
The bedroom is the place where you sleep and relax, so it makes sense to go for colors that are relaxing and calming to you. In general the best feng shui colors for good feng shui are the earthy colors. These soothing colors can be the perfect way to promote rest and relaxation. Most people do have a preference. Some like a light oatmeal color, while others feel that a soft grey bedroom is more their speed. A lighter blue or green can also be a nice way to promote a place of calm as long as it is lighter and not too intense.
Feng Shui Best Bedroom Colors For Directions and 5 Elements
If you can’t seem to relax and sleep peacefully in your own bedroom, then it might be time to consider reorganizing its color scheme. Choosing the correct bedroom Feng Shui color can help to bring the specific energy flow that you are looking for.
One of the essential factors in choosing the best Feng Shui colors is the basic principle of five elements, which are Fire, Earth, Water, Metal, and Wood. The various combinations of the five elements with the eight directions can create an extremely productive cycle. However, if the colors are used without any knowledge of Feng Shui elements and directions, it can end up being a cycle of destruction.
Before you design your bedroom, use the guide below to make sure that your bedroom color combination brings good chi and improved sleep into your life.
- North. If your bedroom is located on the Northside of your house, the Feng Shui element is Water. The Feng Shui colors that express it are different shades of blue and black. The Water element also governs luck in a career and finances. If it’s work or lack of money you are worried about during sleepless nights, then by changing your bedroom wall colors, Feng Shui energy can help to bring a promotion or new sources of finances into your life.
- North-East & South-West. The element that corresponds with these directions is Earth. The best bedroom Feng Shui colors to choose for your bedroom are brown, yellow, and pink. The Earth element is responsible for luck in romance and sexual pleasures.
- East & South-East. Wood is the principal element here, so choose green and dark brown colors to enhance your good chi. The Wood element here governs the family and health side of your life. You can save yourself from headaches, stress, and bad moods if you choose green and brown nature-like colors for your bedroom.
- South. If your bedroom is on the Southside, the corresponding element is Fire. It’s probably easy to guess that the color is red. You might think that red is a very bright and flashy color for a bedroom, but there are various shades of it that you can choose from, or just add red decorative pieces such as a red bed cover and red paintings. The fire element can bring fame into your life, so if you’re a blogger or a media person, this can be a chance for you to turn your life around.
- West & North-West. The bedroom Feng Shui colors are white, gold, and silver due to the dominating Metal element of these zones. Choose the colors of your bedroom walls and materials of furniture, respectively, to bring creativity into your life. The Metal element is also responsible for everything related to children and pregnancy. Check 40 Grey and White Bedroom Ideas.
Use the Feng Shui color guide to better your life, your sleep, and the energy in your bedroom.
Your bed also plays into the overall feng shui of the room more than you might think. There are different schools of thought on this one. Some say that the bed should always give you a good view of the door. Others say that you want to have your head and your bed facing north. Try it out and see what you think.
- As for the headboard, this can carry a lot of significance. It’s best to avoid metal or wooden bars or spindles. Instead, opt for a headboard that is made out of solid wood or is upholstered. It will keep good restful energy with you instead of providing it holes to slip through, promoting rest. Shape is fine, with the best shapes being square, rectangular, or curved.
- It’s also a good idea to keep the underneath of your bed clear. Placing mementos or things under your bed that hold emotional energy could get in the way of a decent night’s rest. Make sure it’s completely empty under the bed so that the energy (or qi) is kept clear and flowing.
- A good mattress is always best. A high quality mattress that promotes great sleep is ideal. Also be sure to shop for an appropriate size that suits you, whether you are single or in a relationship, for the best feng shui. Foam is often a good choice, as it lacks metal coils that can conduct electromagnetism.
- For bed linens, it’s a similar approach as to room color choice. But first, go for linens that are organic and made of natural materials that your skin will love laying down on and are free of toxins or negative reactions. Earth tones can be very relaxing, something in neutral or beige is calming in nature. Anything from cream to cocoa can provide a grounding feeling. Natural light greens, blues, and violet can also be nature-inspired and soothing. Whether it’s a neutral or a light soft pink, the right color linen for you can help you get that great night’s sleep.
Having symmetry in the bedroom is good feng shui. Promote symmetry by having bed side tables that are identical and evenly spaced on either side of the bed to improve relationship chi. Add identical lamps for further symmetry. The more symmetrical the bedroom is, the more balanced the energy will be– and feel.
Artwork can be great in the bedroom, but be sure that it is in keeping with themes of relaxation and calm. From color to subject, put up art that is calming or that makes you feel content. It can be abstract or whatever style you like. Be aware of the feeling that you get from artwork and select accordingly. Also, place it across from the bed, not behind it.
Keep that amazing energy moving in the bedroom by cleaning every day. Remove items from surfaces, dust, sweep or vacuum the floor, pick up things off of the bed or the floor. The more that you have space and order in your room, the more relaxed and recharged you’ll be able to feel while you’re in there, instead of being distracted by too much clutter or items that belong somewhere other than the places they are.
How do I feng shui my bedroom for love?
Feng shui bedroom rules for love
- First, no mirrors or tech in the room! If you already have love in your life, you can amplify your bedroom to accommodate it. If you don’t, you can spruce up the bedroom so that it is open and ready for love! Remove any items from the room that are from previous relationships or loves to have a fresh emotional feeling in the room.
- Pairs of things, whether pillows or side tables, looks symmetrical and evokes couples (and love). Dimming or adjustable lights also can help set the mood (if not, candles can symbolize– and help ignite– that fiery passion).
- A little pink, red, or purple added to the room can also promote a romantic feeling. An aromatherapy diffuser can also add to that romantic feeling while keeping a room fresh with wonderful scents.
- Lastly, be sure that you are comfortable and love the good feng shui you have going in your bedroom. Chances are that if you like it and find your bedroom to be a healing, cozy place to be, your partner will too.
What is bad feng shui for bedroom?
- A mirror facing your bed.
Mirrors catch movements and amplify sounds and also become visually distracting. They also do not contribute to that sanctuary sense you want for the bedroom and break up chi.
- Fake plants and dried flowers.
The opposite of living energy, these not only collect dust but can represent dull, stagnant energy. As living plants have an ‘upward’ energy that can conflict with the energy you may want for your bedroom, save them for living rooms or other parts of your living space where they can be appreciated the most.
- Too much technology in the bedroom.
Tech like phones, tablets, televisions and computers put out electromagnetic fields in addition to disrupting rest with blue light. For best results, keep your tech in a safe place not by your bedside table or in front of your bed.
Some books are fine, but too many can feel heavy and even cluttered.
- A chandelier over the bed or beams or heavy items over the bed.
The bed should be positioned so that it is never under a beam, chandelier, fan, or any other heavy object hanging overhead. The chi gets affected and let’s face it, it’s difficult to sleep well if you feel that you’re sleeping under objects that could fall and injure you while in your most vulnerable state.
- Images of water in artwork.
Water is the opposite of fire. While it can be seen as calming, it could also work against natural feelings of passion.
If you have furniture that has sharp corners or angles, keep them from having these pointed at the bed as it disrupts chi.
- Clutter disrupts feng shui and promotes unrest.
Bad feng shui includes lots of clutter, so be sure that everything has a designated place instead of letting it pile up in this room.
Images: Poster store
There you have feng shui bedroom rules! By putting these approaches into play, you can revitalize your bedroom and make it feel– and look– so much better. Use this information to help yourself create an atmosphere that is equal parts soothing and rejuvenating. You will notice and appreciate the difference!
Read more: 10 Easy Ways to Bring Good Luck to Your House