Jalapeno Popper Grilled Corn salad is a creamy, chilled salad that has all the ingredients of a jalapeno popper. Fresh grilled summer corn, jalapenos, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, bacon, green onion and shredded cheddar cheese combine to make a wonderful summer side dish.
- 8 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brush ears of corn with melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Wrap each ear of corn in a piece of aluminum foil.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Add corn. Grill for 15 minutes, rotating them every 5 minutes. Let cool and then cut kernels from the cobs.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream until smooth.
- Mix in cumin and garlic powder.
- Add corn, bacon, jalapenos, green onion, and cheddar cheese and stir to mix. Serve right away or chill until ready to serve.
Grilling the corn gives it extra flavor, but you can use boiled or steamed corn instead or even canned corn.