Juicy Meatball Recipe
These Flavorful and juicy homemade meatballs are make-ahead and freezer friendly so they’re perfect for meal prep. The meatballs can be baked or sauteed and served as appetizers or the main course.
Ingredients for Juicy Meatballs:
- 3 slices white bread crusts removed, diced
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1 lb lean ground beef 85/15 fat content
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 large egg
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil to sautee
How to Make Meatballs:
- Combine diced bread in a large bowl with 2/3 cup water. Set aside 5 minutes then mash with a fork. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Into the bowl of mashed bread crumbs, add ground beef, ground pork, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 egg, 3 minced garlic cloves, 2 Tbsp parsley, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Use your hands to stir the mixture together just until well combined. Do not overmix.
Portion onto a lined baking sheet (about 2 Tbsp per meatball – an ice cream scoop makes it easy). With wet hands, roll meatballs into 1 1/2″ diameter balls.
How to Cook Meatballs:
To Sautee: Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp oil. Once the oil is hot, add meatballs to the skillet, placing them in one at a time and cook in batches to get a good sear. Sautee turning every 2 minutes (total 6-8 minutes), or until evenly browned and the internal temperature reaches 160˚F on an instant-read thermometer. Serve as is or in any recipe that calls for meatballs.
To Bake Meatballs: Place on a lined baking sheet 2″ apart and bake in a fully preheated oven at 400˚F for 20-23 minutes, or until fully cooked and the centers reach 160˚F. If you want a prettier color to your meatballs, broil for the last 2-3 minutes.