No thermometer needed to make these delicious Microwave Pralines. The microwave makes praline-making simple and fullproof. In only 12 minutes you have pecan pralines that taste as good as the ones bought in the French Quarter.
- 1 (16-ounce)-box light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces so it will melt faster
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Combine the brown sugar and heavy cream in a large microwave-safe bowl and stir well.
- Microwave on HIGH for 7 minutes.
- Add butter and stir it in to melt it.
- Microwave on HIGH for another 5 minutes. Stir in pecans, vanilla, and salt.
- Very quickly drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.