Old-Fashioned Potato Candy is not only a delicious holiday candy to eat, it’s super fun and easy to make and you only need 3 ingredients. It’s also no-bake. What’s not to love?
- 1 small russet potato, peeled and sliced
- 6-8 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- Place potato in a small pan and cover with water. Cook until very tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to beat the potato until it is lump-free.
- Add 4 cups of powdered sugar and beat until mixed well.
- Continue to mix powdered sugar in 1 cup at a time until thick. (It should have the consistency of putty or cookie dough.
- Place on a large piece of waxed paper that has been lightly coated with powdered sugar. Sprinkle some more powdered sugar on top.
- Roll potato mixture out into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle.
- Spread evenly with peanut butter.
- Starting at a long side, roll up tightly like you would cinnamon rolls. Wrap in wax paper, cut in half and place both pieces in a large ziptop bag.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Remove wax paper and cut into 3/4-inch slices.