This dairy-frẹẹ and Palẹo Chickẹn Parmẹsan has all thẹ flavors of thẹ rẹal dẹal! Crisp “brẹadẹd” chickẹn cutlẹts arẹ layẹrẹd with marinara and a flavor-packẹd cashẹw “chẹẹsẹ” saucẹ that’s pẹrfẹct for any spẹcial dinnẹr. Glutẹn-frẹẹ, no sugar addẹd, dairy-frẹẹ.
- 3/4 cup cashews no need to soak
- Juice of 1 lemon about 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts thin sliced or pounded to 1/2″ thickness
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot
- 1 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- dash red pepper flakes optional
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil for frying, add more as needed
- 25 oz jar marinara sauce no added sugar
- Minced parsley for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a small high speed blender or food processor. I used my NutriBullet for this and it was fast and easy. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy, transfer to a small bowl if desired and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium shallow bowl (you will dredge the cutlets in the mixture). Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Have your whisked egg in a shallow bowl and heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil Depending on the size of your skillet, you might have to fry these in 2 batches, so have additional cooking fat ready in case you need more.
- Once the skillet it preheated (you can see if a drop of the dry mixture sizzles), dip one cutlet in the egg, shaking off excess, then coat in the dry mixture, shaking off excess. Place the chicken in the pan, then repeat the process for each piece of chicken.
- Cook on one side until medium-golden brown (2 minutes) and crisp, then carefully turn over the chicken with tongs and cook the second side until golden brown and juices run clear, about 2 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Place about 1 1/2 cups marinara in the bottom of a 9×13” baking dish. Place the fried chicken cutlets over the sauce layer. Spoon 2 Tbsp more sauce on each cutlet, then follow with the same amount of cheese sauce (or as much as desired.)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5-10 mins or until just heated through. This is only to heat through, so do not keep it in the oven too long. Serve right away alone or over cooked spaghetti squash, sweet potato noodles, or zoodles. Enjoy!
- Jump To full instructions and recipe notes >> Read more…
Recipe adapted from paleorunningmomma