Peanut Pralines are so buttery and sweet with a texture that melts in your mouth, just like a good praline should. This southern candy is full of salty peanuts for a sweet and salty treat that can’t be beat.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups salted cocktail peanuts
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan with a heavy bottom, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar, cream, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Once it comes to a full boil, boil for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in peanuts. Let cool, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes.
- Drop by spoonfulls onto parchment paper. Let stand until firm, about 3 to 4 hours.
- Store in an airtight container.