These Sausage Gravy Stuffed Biscuits are so unbelievably good and they can be picked up and eaten with your hands. I love turning comfort food into finger food!
These Sausage Gravy Stuffed Biscuits are super easy to make. The simple gravy can be made the night before and refrigerated. This is actually preferable because you want the gravy to get cold and thicken up. That way it is super easy to place a spoonful of it between 2 biscuit pieces without it oozing out everywhere.
- 8 ounces bulk country breakfast sausage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8-count) tube Grands refrigerated biscuits
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a little water
- Cook sausage in a nonstick skillet, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Sprinkle flour over sausage. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Add garlic powder, sage, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until thick.
- Either refrigerate gravy overnight or line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread the gravy thin and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pull each biscuit apart into 2 layers.
- Place a 1-2 tablespoon spoonful of chilled gravy on a biscuit half and top it with another biscuit piece. Seal around the edges and tuck the edges under somewhat so they are less likely to pull apart.
- Repeat for remaining biscuits. Brush top of each biscuit with egg wash.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes.
- You will have some leftover gravy. You can thin it with a little milk, microwave until warm and spoon over the cooked biscuits.