A vegan version of my favorite Chinese take out! This Mongolian “Beef” is tender, saucy and perfectly savory. All of the flavor and you can feel good about eating a great plant based meal!
- 2 pounds of seitan
- 6 large green onions sliced on the bias
- 1 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of minced ginger
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp of corn starch OR 3 tbsp of flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Vegetable oil for sauteeing
- Cooked rice
- Combine soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, corn starch and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Over high heat, add vegetable oil to a large sautee pan or wok. Allow oil to heat up, about 2 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>girlandthekitchen.com