If you have a party or gathering coming up, this spicy grapefruit jalapeño margarita is a crowd pleaser that’s super simple to put together, and you can easily triple or quadruple the recipe to make a large batch. The only ingredients you need are tequila, lime, grapefruit, agave nectar, jalapeño, kosher salt, chili powder, and ice.
For the margarita:
- 3 ounces (90 ml) tequila
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or 4 teaspoons simple syrup more to taste
- 2 or 3 jalapeño slices
- 4 ounces (120 ml) freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces (60 ml) fresh lime juice
For the chili powder-salt mixture:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 lime wedge
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Small grapefruit wedges
- jalapeño slices
- Place the tequila in a jar or cup. Add in the jalapeño slices plus the seeds. Let it sit for 20- 30 minutes. Remove the jalapeños from the tequila once the desired spiciness is reached.
- Mix the chili powder and kosher salt on a small, rimmed plate and set aside.
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glasses, dip the rims in the chili powder/salt mixture and twist to coat.
- Combine all the margarita ingredients in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake until combined and then pour it into your prepared glasses.
- Add a grapefruit wedge, a few slice of jalapeño and serve.