Roy’s Hot Chocolate Soufflé (authentic restaurant recipe!) with rich dark chocolate, a crispy exterior and a molten center that’s as easy as a box mix cake!
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large glass microwave safe bowl melt the butter and dark chocolate chips together in 30 second increments (whisking well after each one) until completely smooth.
- Add in the eggs and egg yolks and whisk well.
- Stir the sugar and cornstarch together in a small bowl then add it to your large bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- Refrigerate overnight covered with saran wrap.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using four 8 ounce ramekins, grease them and line the bottoms and sides with parchment paper.
- Add the batter to them and bake them for 28-30 minutes.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes, add a plate, upside down, to the top of the ramekin. Use a pot holder and flip the ramekin over gently.
- Gently remove the ramekin and peel off the parchment paper before serving topped with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe adapted from Dinner Then Dessert Roy’s Hot Chocolate Souffle